A PASSION FOR NATURAL HAIR

A PASSION FOR NATURAL HAIR
NINE ETHER COILS OF HAIR CONNECTS US TO THE UNIVERSE

Monday, August 1, 2011

PLEASE JOIN TODAY TO FOLLOW MY BLOG

Greetings... my name is Yendys!




I started growing my locs at the beginning 1991. As a former cosmetology student of Wilfred Academy (in 1984) in downtown Brooklyn, I had experienced all kinds of other hair styles...except a Jheri Curl!!!...I didn't want that one...LOL

I rocked a 'fro from age thirteen until I was about fifteen years old. Then, I relaxed my own hair with a box of Dark and Lovely relaxer, thinking I would look like the lady on the box! I did a great job of damaging my nice, natural fro...

Today I'm wearing my second set of locs. I released the first set. Just like anything else which grows, there comes a time when we have to shed. But, right away I continued on my journey and grew a much healthier crown than my first set of locs...

I attribute the health of my hair to my natural hair care products (having ingredients to feed our type of hair makes all the difference in the world!), inner peace, a healthy living style, as well as a cleansing of the past!

The Cowrie Shell Center for Natural Hair Care (www.cowrieshellcenter.com) came into being due to a growing shift in consciousness. (I can't honestly say that I had this vision back then, at least not with my human eyes, anyway. I'm very happy that I did not allow fear nor doubt to stop me.)

It was right on time though; not a moment
too soon to begin saving our hair and scalps
(and our children's too!) from future detriment.
Imagine if we had not stopped, if we'd just kept
going... until now?

I know I would have been bald by now...LOL

So, with blessed hands, spiritual guidance, gathering knowledge, my own creativity and the support of countless others (yes, you as well) my home-based business of caring for our chemically treated, dying hair, then transformed into a healing sanctuary for the artistry of natural hair care, health and spiritual well being. It has truly been an honor for me. It has given me great pride to be of service to my community.

To many who frequent this oasis, the vibration inside The Cowrie Shell Center is loving known as 'THE YENDYS EXPERIENCE,' a soul touching journey.'

I specializing in Natural Hair Care, Organic homemade hair and skin care products, Holistic Wellness Consultations, jewelry, crochet items and more...

purchase Ancient Blends products

press
November 2010: NY Stylist Yendys Neferatum
wins Ultimate Hairapy Award @www.mysalonscoop.com (Treating the total person)

September 2010: Yendys Neferatum became Founder/ Editor & Chief of: Inside The Cowrie Shell Center Magazine...featuring natural hair care, skin care & health

August 2010: Yendys presented yet another hair care product to her vegan-friendly hair care system ANCIENT BLENDS... ''Re-Naturation" a light, non greasy moisturizing hair mist


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers